Up, Up And Away!

By 10th October 2009, although we had re-fitted, repaired, and repainted the bodywork of FRF63, we had still to tackle the job of cleaning up and painting its wheels and wheel hubs. And by this time work was also well under way to get the Gardner engine into good working order, as we had discovered that the throttle wasn't working properly and had also had to replace the slave cylinder on the hydraulic part of the throttle system as the old one was seized.

However, since engine work isn't all that photogenic, all but the first few pictures are of the work done to take off and clean the wheels. And since we can't take off all the wheels at the same time, we started with the front axle!


1.



 

2.



 

3.



 

4.



 

5.



 

6.



 

7.



 

8.



 

9.



 

10.



 

11.



 

12.



 

13.



 

14.



 

15.



 

16.



 

17.



 

18.



 

19.



 

20.



 

21.



 

22.



 

23.



 

24.



 

25.



 

26.



 

27.



 

28.



 

29.



 

30.



 

31.



 

Click Here To Return To The J-Files - FRF63 Reborn!



Disclaimer

These pages are owned and maintained by Jeffray Wotherspoon. The storagespace for these pages is provided by the University Of Stirling, but it is in no way responsible for the contents of these pages. Please email me at jeff.wotherspoon@stir.ac.uk if you have any questions, comments, problems etc.