A Coat Of Many Colours!
After the Easter weekend of 2011 my next working day on the re-paint of FPE88 at Methil was Friday 29th April, courtesy of an extra holiday that day intended to celebrate a royal wedding being held that day. Mind you, progressing a bus re-paint is my kind of celebration, especially given the variety of paint colours!
However Alistair had already done a some painting since Easter Monday so the first pictures in this set show FPE88 before we started work that day!
1. FPE88 in its usual parking spot.
Easy to spot is that Alistair has got the mid-section panels (where the advert
will go) into blue undercoat. Less easy to spot in this picture...
2. ...but a bit more obvious in this one
is that the off-white on the window surrounds and the trim stripe is now finished.
3. A third view of FPE88 on the morning
of 29th April. Doesn't add much more, but a nice picture anyway!
4. Later on in the day and the lower
nearside panels are now (mostly) in orange undercoat...
5. ...while on the offside the work
of painting the blue gless topcoat is ongoing and looking good!
6. A closer view of the blue gloss on the offside...
7. ...and a closer look at the undercoat on
the nearside as well!
8. Late in the afternoon, and there isn't much
of the blue still to be painted. In fact...
9. ... this is all still to be done.
12. ... Gone!
13. Only the lower parts in Ayres Red still
to do, but not today as the front lower panel is still in primer...
14. ...but there was enough time left in
the day to at least finish the undercoating!
17. finished! No more undercoating needed!
18. The final view of FPE88 in the
evening of the day of the Royal Wedding. A 'Coat Of Many Colours'? Looks like
it to me!