Carrot-Top To Redhead!
Having primered the roof of FPE88 on the Saturday of the Easter weekend 2011, we went on the next day, Easter Sunday, to undercoat the roof. I say 'we' but for once I wasn't there as I was booked on the 'Forth Circle' SRPS Railtour, which is why I have no pictures from that day taken after 8:30am!
So these pictures, from Easter Monday 2011 (25th April) are really a summary of two days work! Mind you, as I started taking pictures in mid-afternoon it's only one and a half days work at the start...
1. Mid-afternoon, and FPE88 has now
been primered all over and the parts of the upper half that will be Ayres Red
have also been painted in the orange undercoat we were trying out to see if
it would be better that pink undercoat (answer - not much better really! :-)
2. Since the plan was to try and
gloss the roof of FPE88 that day, it was parked close to our storage container
and thus the next pictures are from the container roof showing the orange undercoat
on the front part of FPE88s roof...
3. ..the middle of the roof...
4. ...and the back part of the roof.
5. Time to start painting with the Ayres Red!
6. A little later and the nearside of the roof
is looking much better at the front...
7. ...and also further back!
10. Later still and the front part
of the nearside is done...
8. ...the middle is being painted...
11. and the back will soon be reached!
(OK there is a little time skip since the previous pic! :-)
12. And here is a closer view of Alistair
busy painting. Despite appearences, I think he was really enjoying himself!