Black Buffers!

After priming the bufferbeam, buffers, and connectors at both ends, the next step was to paint them up. Following standard BR practice, we planned to paint the connectors and various hose ends in the correct colour codes for their function, while the buffer beams and the buffers are of course painted black!

We started on all this on the weekend of 30th and 31st August 2003, and typically, once I had got as far as applying the black paint at the No 2 end on the Sunday I took a break and got my camera out! Which means that this picture set again includes the No 1 end bufferbeam in primer, albeit with approriate coloured undercoat on the hose fittings and electrical connectors. And for good measure there are a couple of pictures of the two radiator grilles, which had by now been painted BR Blue, and a couple of pictures of Alistair applying aluminium paint to the handrails and the metal strips below the doors, which was another minor finishing touch that needed doing!


1.



 

2.



 

3.



 

4.



 

5.



 

6.



 

7.



 

8.



 

9.



 

10.



 

11.



 



Click here to go to 26040 Restored! - BR Loco On The Track!

Or

Click Here To Return To The J-Files - 26040 Restored!



Disclaimer

These pages are owned and maintained by Jeffray Wotherspoon. The storage space for these pages is provided by the University Of Stirling, but it is in no way responsible for the contents of these pages. Please email me at jeff.wotherspoon@stir.ac.uk if you have any questions, comments, problems etc.